Are you ready to face summer with healthy glowing skin? Extreme heat, pollution & humidity in summer, gives your skin a really hard time, it often leads to dull, oily, and unhealthy skin with maximum breakouts. Skincare in summer is important with a goal to maintain healthy and clear skin. This can be done if you follow some simple tips below
1. Water is a Must When it Comes to Skincare In Summer
I can’t emphasize enough on the benefits of water but when it comes to healthy skin it’s a must that you provide your skin enough water so it can wash unnecessary toxins, leaving skin replenished. Everyone must drink 8–12 glasses of water per day.
Also apply natural hydrating products such as aloe Vera gel, glycerin, yogurt & honey on the exposed areas of your skin like face, hands, and feet. It will help to exfoliate and leaves the skin hydrated and avoid the skin getting dry.
2. Use Summer Suitable Products for Your Skin
Use water or gel-based skincare products that are lighter to wear such as moisturizes, lotions, serum, toners. Avoid oil bases and thick products. They will block your pores leading to breakouts in the skin.
I would recommend using naturally occurring products for skincare routine in summer there are many some of them are listed below:
- Apple cider vinegar
- Aloe Vera gel
- Fruits like banana, papaya, watermelon, and tomato
- Vegetables like cucumber.
All these products will moisturize, tone, and clean your skin more lightly and naturally.
3. Minimizing Makeup is Crucial for Skincare In Summer
If you wear a lot of makeup it’s difficult for your skin to breathe, help out your skin and cut down your makeup usage, use lighter makeup if you want to and avoid the heavy ones.
4. Use Broad-Spectrum Sunscreen
Sunlight contains ultraviolet radiations called UVA and UVB which are harmful to skin throughout the year, heat is at its peak in summer, this will do more damage than usual, avoid this and wear sunscreen 30 minutes before, whenever you need to get out in sun and reapply them every 2–3 hours on exposed areas of your body.
Wearing sunscreen will keep your skin healthy, your skin tone even and protect you from skin cancer. You can take any good brand sunscreen but make sure its broad spectrum SPF 30–60.
5. Avoid Unnecessary Sun Exposure
Don’t go outside unnecessarily mainly in the day time, when the sun is at its peak, and if you need to go outside make sure you follow these steps:
- Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes
- Wear Light-colored and lose clothes
- Take your umbrella with you or a hat
- Put sunscreen on exposed areas
- Take your water bottle with you
Additionally, try to enjoy every season of the year, summer might be irritating for you in several ways, but it comes with many benefits to mankind.
- Try to bathe once preferably twice a day to maintain your overall hygiene.
- Take one serving a day of seasonal vegetables and fruits
- Add multivitamins to your diet especially vitamin c
- Don’t focus on only skincare for the face, your hands, feet, eye area all are equally important.
- Keep yourself as near as possible to natural products for skincare routine as mentioned above.