Are you a beginner and have no idea what exactly freelancing is? Today you will get a beginner’s guide towards freelancing in the text below.
Stuck at the home is a bigger challenge due to many reasons which is a separate topic to discuss, but one of the biggest issues every country and individuals are facing is economic and financial hazards.
Many people became jobless and don’t have anyways for earning money. In these circumstances, the thing that can help them earn money and stay safe in this pandemic is Freelancing. It becoming more and more trending in today’s world and people who don’t know about it becoming more curious. In this article, I will give you a touch-up introduction to start your business as a Freelancer.
What Exactly Is Freelancing And Who Is A Freelancer?
- Freelancing is a profession in which you will sell your experience and skills through the internet.
- The jobs can be done from home and even without involving any organization or company.
- You are a self-employed individual who is involved in Freelancing and is called a freelancer.
- By self-employed means, you are not doing a job for any organization or company you are just selling your skill through the internet to a person who wants it directly and individually.
- You can sell one service or many services according to your expertise.
- Jobs you do as a freelancer will be contract-based, maybe for the short term or long term depending on the service and demand of the buying person called client.
- These jobs can be applied through arbitrator websites that are safe in all perspectives to the freelancer and the client. Both came off the arbitrator platform and agree to get the work done. Find out about Top 3 Websites that include Fiverr and Upwork.
Types Of Freelancing Services
The good news is that regardless of your background and education you can offer almost everything as a Freelancer. Anything from your educational knowledge to practical skills can be offered through Freelancing. The list is endless but I am listing below the most common and trending top 10 services you can offer:
- Freelance Writing
- Graphic Designing
- Website development and Programming
- Digital Marketing
- Virtual Assistance
- Search Engine Optimization
- Data Entry
- Games and app development
What Equipment Do You Need for Freelancing?
Freelancing is business and as compare to others in the market this is the cheapest of all without a doubt. All your need to start as a freelancer is just 3 simple things. A list of necessities is endless, like modifications of your skills, stationery, computer accessories, or upgraded and paid software. But to start Freelancing you just need these:
- A decently upgraded laptop or computer.
- A separate email address different from one on your personal use.
- A good internet connection having 24 hours availability.
Freelancing Guide For Beginners
CONCLUDE WHAT YOU CAN OFFER
Dig up and ask yourself why you want to be a freelancer and do you want to be one? Once you have decided that you will work as a freelancer, the first step is to analyze yourself. Inspect yourself and find out what you are capable of, what you can provide to the market and clients.
DO SOME RESEARCH
You have already decided what service you will offer in the world of freelancers. Before introducing yourself to the market do some research about what other people of the same service as yours are offering. See their profile, their success rate, go on different platforms to find out your competition.
ESTABLISH A PROFILE
Go on the online platforms for example Fiverr and start with making your profile. Write everything clearly about your services. Make sure everything is truth and no scam. Focus on your services, your target market, and your competitors while making your profile.
Set wisely as far as your charges are concerned. You have seen your competitors what they are charging according to your experience. My recommendation is to start with the lowest and get up ahead.
BE YOUR OWN MARKETER
Now you have completed your profile on an online platform successfully. Be your marketer, market yourself and your work, through sharing on social media platforms, a referral from a friend or family in the same line, and word of mouth.
These are unpaid ways of marketing. There are many other paid methods of marketing which are not suitable for you as they are paid and you are just being started.
Activate your profile you are good to start selling your skills and make living as a freelancer.
In a nutshell, freelancing is a trending emerge nowadays, and in my opinion, everyone should try it once in a lifetime. Don’t fall yourself for something only because it’s trending, find your ways to conquer your needs.
If you think freelancing is a thing for you go ahead and pursue your career as a freelancer. Don’t forget, traditional earning methods are far different from freelancing which I will discuss in the later texts followed by this article.